Monday, July 28, 2014

Western Comics Focus


For about the last year-and-a-half, I've been doing a regular monthly feature at the Western Fictioneers blog called "Western Comics Focus."  Sometimes I spotlight a particular series or character, and sometimes I conduct interviews with comics writers and artists.

I thought it might be helpful if I provided a master-guide for all the pieces I've done so far, as opposed to requiring anyone who might be interested to dig through the archives month-by-month.

At the end I have also included a link to a survey I took well before I started the blog series, under the aegis of Western Fictioneers, in which a panel of judges that included western authors and comics writers and artists chose the greatest western comics of all time.

Here's what we have done so far:

THE GREATEST WESTERN COMICS
Interview with John Ostrander
Interview with Jeff Mariotte
Interview with Stan Lee
Interview with Joe R. Lansdale
Interview with Tony Isabella
JONAH HEX
Interview with Peter Brandvold
BLUEBERRY
Interview with Howard Chaykin
Interview with Timothy Truman
Interview with Steve Englehart
SIX-GUN GORILLA
SCALPHUNTER
RED WOLF
SCALPED
OF DUST AND BLOOD
LOBO (first black character to have his own comic)
LONE RANGER


No comments:

Post a Comment