Monday, October 29, 2012

Two Great Christmas Anthologies

I am delighted to have my work in two different -and very different from one another -western-themed Christmas anthologies this year, either (or both!) of which would make great stocking stuffers.

And -quite by accident -both my stories have a very similar theme: the supernatural bond of love between father and child.

My story in CHRISTMAS CAMPFIRE COMPANION is called "Christmas Comes to Freedom Hill."




 Amazon   B & N

In this tale, a group of "Exodusters"- ex-slaves migrating west -try to establish their own town in Kansas. A local cattle baron is opposed to such a venture on land he considers his, and threatens to wipe them out -on Christmas. Little Danny Jordan's father, a Union veteran, has agreed to be the marshal of Freedom Hill... and Danny knows he must pray for a miracle...


My story in SIX-GUNS AND SLAY BELLS: A CREEPY COWBOY CHRISTMAS is called "Bitter Mountain."

Amazon
Donald Andrews killed Curtis Baker because he wanted his friend's wife for himself. He wasn’t too happy about the boy that came with the deal, but figured he could work around that.Curtis Baker is buried where he was murdered, on Bitter Mountain.


But little Jimmy says his daddy has been visiting him late at night, and promising that this Christmas he is bringing his son one final gift...



Needless to say, both these books are filled with great stories from some of the best authors working in the genre today. Check them both out, and buy a copy for that western or horror lover in your life!


7 comments:

  1. Troy, I have read Bitter Mountain from the Six Guns and Slay Bells anthology and really did enjoy it. I'm talking about this anthology and my story in it, The Keepers of Camelot, over at Sweethearts of the West today. This really is a neat anthology, and of course, now you've added to my tbr list with Christmas Campfire Companion. LOL
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our store, OutWest, on Saturday, Dec. 1 we are hosting an evening focusing on SIX-GUNS AND SLAY BELLS, reading stories aloud. Its part of our on-going "Rendezvous With A Writer" author appearance series. Courtney Joyner will be with us. Local talented western musicians are coming along to perform songs that are also "creepy". Will be a fun night. FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone should go over to Sweethearts of the West and read about your story, Cheryl, I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Troy! I appreciate that. And gosh, I wish I could be there at your store, Bobbi Jean! That sounds like a bunch of fun.
      Cheryl

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a lot of fun, Bobbi Jean, I wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbi Jean knows how to throw a gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd fly over from Japan, Bobbi Jean, or we can Skype a reading????

    ReplyDelete